History

Botaniska institutionens byggnad was designed by architect Lars Myrenberg (1922-1974) to house the Department of Botany, and was inaugurated in 1964. The Department of Botany was one of the first departments to move to the Frescati area.

What is here today

The building currently houses the botany unit of the Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences, which conducts multifaceted teaching and research in plant ecology, plant physiology and plant systematics.

Fun facts

The building has large greenhouses and climate chambers.