History

Lantis was designed by architect Erik Josephson (1864-1929), who also designed Djurgårdsbron. It was built to accommodate scattered collections of models and tools from the agriculture and fishing industries. The museum was tied to the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and inaugurated in 1907.

What is here today

Since the early 1970s, the building has served as a restaurant under the name of Lantis. Since 2007, the bottom floor houses a computer lab, Helpdesk (IT Services) and a printer and copying service.

Fun facts

The building was originally called Kungliga Lantbruksakademiens museum (the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture Museum), nowadays referred to as “Lantis”.