History

Nobelhusen (the Nobel buildings) were designed by architect Rudolf Enblom (1861-1945), who also designed some of the buildings in Kräftriket, and were inaugurated in 1909. One of the buildings was constructed as a residence, and the other as a laboratory for Professor Svante Arrhenius and his Nobel Institute for Physical Chemisty.

What is here today

The eastern building houses a restaurant and the Social Science Faculty Club. The western building is used by the Stockholm University Student Union as administration offices.

Fun facts

Svante Arrhenius was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1903.