History
Wallenberglaboratoriet (the Wallenberg Laboratory) was designed by architect Lars Myrenberg (1922-1974), built with funding from the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, and inaugurated in 1970. The first tenants to move into the building were prominent science researchers without their own departments. They were followed by a research team in biochemical toxicology.


What is here today
The Department of Archaeology and Classical Studies and the Centre for the study of Cultural Evolution.

 

Fun facts
There is a herb garden behind Wallenberglaboratoriet which includes the following plants: chives, tarragon, celandine, chicory, hyssop, lovage, lemon balm, parsley, and Breckland thyme.