- Palestinian Cinema: Solidarity Through Film 2017-04-28 Talk with researcher and filmmaker Khadijeh Habashneh and film screenings at Tensta konsthall. This event is a collaboration between the Curating Art Master Programme at the Department of Culture and Aesthetics and Tensta konsthall. In English.
- Award for best paper in the Journal of Urban Affairs to Bo Malmberg 2017-04-27 ”2017 Best Article in the Journal of Urban Affairs Award” has been awarded Bo Malmberg, Department of Human Geography, Stockholm University, and Per Strömblad, Department of Political Science, Linnaeus University, for the paper ”Ethnic Segregation and Xenophobic Party preference: Exploring the Influence of the Presence of Visible Minorities on Local Electoral Support for the Sweden Democrats”. The prize was awarded at the UAA (Urban Affairs Association) 47th Annual Conference in Minneapolis April 19–22, 2017.
- New book series: Anthropology & Society 2017-04-27 Anthropology & Society is a new peer-reviewed open access book series published by Stockholm University Press. It was launched at the Swedish Anthropological Association’s conference in April 2017.
- New book: "Biological Oceanography of the Baltic Sea" 2017-04-26 Students and researchers can now get a comprehensive overview of the Baltic Sea ecosystem in a single book. – Together we have made a concerted effort to produce a book we wished existed when we were students ourselves, says Professor Pauline Snoeijs-Leijonmalm at the Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences (DEEP), editor-in-chief of the book.
- March for Science Stockholm 2017-04-22 On 22 April the worldwide manifestation March for Science takes place. In Stockholm you have the opportunity to support science in a manifestation which starts at 12 o'clock at Södermalm
- Light rays from a supernova bent by the curvature of space-time around a galaxy 2017-04-20 An international research team led from Stockholm University has detected multiple images from a gravitationally lensed Type Ia supernova. The observations suggest promising new avenues for the study of the accelerated expansion of the Universe, gravity and distribution of dark matter in the universe.
- Disasters and crises in Latin America: an anthropological perspective 2017-04-19 The newly re-launched Open Access Iberoamericana – Nordic Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Studies has published its latest special collection: “Disasters and crises in Latin America: an anthropological perspective”. This special collection presents anthropological contributions to the understanding of disasters and crises in Latin America.
- 19-22 April: Code/kəʊd/ - A group exhibition by students 2017-04-18 Code /kəʊd/ is a group exhibition of work by first year students of the MFA at Konstfack curated by second year students of the MA in Curating Art at the Department of Culture and Aesthetics.