Call for nominations: The Lennart Nilsson Award
Deadline: Tuesday April 25 2017.
Karolinska Institutet, through the Lennart Nilsson Foundation, invites nominations for the Lennart Nilsson award. This recognises contributions within the realm of scientific photography and promotes education, training and research within the medical, biological and engineering sciences through the use of images.
The nominees should fulfil the following criteria:
- work in the spirit of Lennart Nilsson;
- make the invisible visible;
- reveal sciences to the world in beautiful, unique and powerful ways;
- visualise a scientific break through;
- image reality in a surprising way.
The nominees should also be active mainly in the life sciences and use pictorial representation as an explanatory medium. Users of animation technology may also apply.
The award is worth SEK 100,000 and a prize ceremony takes place in Stockholm, Sweden, 12 October 2017.
19 april 2017
Sidansvarig: Avdelningen för forskningsstöd