Formal end of BEAM and future handling of the strategic marine environmental research funds
The BEAM program ceases at the end of 2015, and the area committee for natural sciences has now decided how future marine strategic funds will be handled.
Future marine SFO-funds will be probably be allocated to the Baltic Sea Centre. While waiting for a final decision on whether these grants will be permanent or not, 2016 was an interimistic year. See the granted research projects for 2016.
For distributing the Baltic Sea Centre funds, both a Steering group and an Evaluation group will be formed, and based on their recommendations the director of the Baltic Sea Centre will decide how to use the funds.
Final decision on whether the marine strategic funds should become a permanent part of Stockholm University’s government grant, as recommended by an evaluation earlier this year, has been deferred to the Research Bill (Forskningspropositionen) to be presented in autumn 2016.
Read the decision (in Swedish) SFO-funds (57 Kb)
January 16, 2017
Page editor: Nastassja Åstrand Capetillo
Source: Baltic Sea Centre
News linked to BEAM
- New paper on nitrogen cycling in the sediments of the Gulf of Bothnia 2017-02-04
- Baltic Bridge - bridging gaps in Baltic Sea science 2016-04-21
- Baltic Seminar on fish in human hands 2016-05-16
- ClimeFish - not a prank! 2016-04-01
- Regime shifts in the Northern Benguela ecosystem 2016-03-14
- Changing seasonality of the Baltic Sea 2015-12-15