The Department of Philosophy is located in the D House (Södra Huset), on the Frescati Campus. Administrative offices, our seminar room and many offices are located on the 7th floor, but we also have several offices on the 8th floor.
The Frescati campus is just north of central Stockholm and can be reached either by underground (the stop is Universitetet on line 14 to Mörby Centrum), by bus (no. 40 from central Stockholm or no. 540 from north and north-western suburbs), by train (Roslagsbanan) or by car (E4/18, Norrtäljevägen northbound). From Arlanda Airport it is easiest to take the airport bus to the Central Station, a 30-minute ride, and then take the underground from there.
By car (directions from the city centre)
Take the E18 towards Norrtälje. About 2 km after the roundabout Roslagstull, you can see the light blue coloured buildings of the Södra huset, as soon as you pass under the train bridge. Turn right after the petrol station, continue straight on towards the parking area.
- Bus 40 from Reimersholme/Fridhemsplan/Odenplan/Universitetet/Stora Lappkärrsberget.
- Bus 70 from/to Frösundavik/Odenplan.
- Bus 540 Tensta – University
- Red line (14) from Fruängen/T-centralen to Mörby centrum.
- Red line (14) från Mörby centrum mot Fruängen.
WGS 84 (lat, lon):N 59° 21.748', E 18° 3.603'
WGS 84 decimal (lat, lon):59.36247, 18.06005
From Arlanda Airport
- Arlanda Express, train to Stockholm Central i 20 minutes.
- Airport couches to the City Terminal in 35–40 minutes.
From Stockholm Central/City Terminal underground red line (14) towards Mörby Centrum, station Universitetet.
Last updated: May 17, 2021
Source: Department of Philosophy