Study abroad

The international student exchange with Erasmus+ in Europe gives you the opportunity to spend a part of your training at one of Stockholm University’s many partner universities in Europe.


Study as an exchange student via Erasmus+

When you study as an exchange student via Erasmus+, you are exempt from any tuition fees at the host university, and you will also receive a grant.

We have Erasmus+ agreements for Master's students at the following universities:

  • University of Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Humbolt Universität zu Berlin, Germany. Note: Language requirement: B2 German
  • Università di Torino, Italy – read more here 
  • Universität Wien, Austria 

The application is written in English – not in the host country's language or in Swedish. Please contact Anna Carin Haag before the application opens for more information.

You can download the application form here (in Swedish only):  Ansökan utbytesstudier Sociologiska institutionen 2020-2021 (123 Kb)

Read more about Erasmus+ here.


Short-term exchange through CIVIS – European Civic University Alliance

Do you want to study abroad without having to spend a whole semester away? The CIVIS Alliance, in which Stockholm University is a participant, offers several courses for students who want to study a short term course at one or more partner universities in Europe.

•    are free of charge for Civis-students (with some exceptions for fee-paying students)
•    provide the opportunity to apply for funding for the trip and accommodation (application at the home university)
Find further information and application instructions on the following link:
•    Course catalogue: CIVIS Courses
•    Financing: Civis-grant



Exchange Coordinator
On this page