Nordlys gives you the chance to experience the common culture of the Nordic countries and the linguistic similarities, whilst also getting to know the differences and nuances. An exchange within the Nordic region gives you new perspectives on your studies, a variety of courses and a high quality education.
Nordlys is a central network within Nordplus. Students who do not have access to a department network or wish to study another subject at a Nordic university can apply for an exchange through Nordlys.
All students offered a place through the Nordlys network can apply for a Nordplus scholarship.
Click here for a list of partner universities under "framework" Nordlys (LÄNK)
During your time abroad, you will be able to keep your student grant (e.g. CSN) and also apply for a Nordlys scholarship, as well as a grant for travel expenses. The scholarship is up to EUR 200 per month excluding those covering travel expenses.
Please note that the scholarship may be less than EUR 200 per month, as it is subject to the funding Stockholm University is granted and how many students go in total.
Who can participate in Nordlys?
To be able to participate in a Nordlys exchange, you must:
- Meet the admission requirements for central agreements and networks.
- Have completed at least one year of academic studies (one academic cycle).
- Be able to transfer credit of your courses to Stockholm University.
- Study at least one month, but no more than 12 months at the host university.
Applications to the Nordlys network are done via the Student Services and are open twice a year.
- The final application date for exchange during the spring semester 2020: 8 September 2019.
- List of partner universities 2019/20: Available places for exchange through Nordlys (PDF)
If you have questions about the application, you can either contact the International Office at Student Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling: +46 816 21 29.
How to apply
Applications are submitted online. Instructions and links on how to do so can be found below.
Upload the following documents to your online application:
The applicant is contacted by email when a decision has been made.
Last updated: September 5, 2019
Source: Student Services