On this page you will find instructions for downloading and installing Mathematica. In order to access certain information, such as how to obtain an activation code, you must be registered in Ladok as an active Student at Stockholm University.
|Distribution||This program is downloaded from the suppliers homesite.|
For a how-to on how to download and install the program, see instructions below.
The instruction also contains information on renewal of license and instructions on how to uninstall the program.
|Period of validity||28 September - 27 September|
|Renew license||Obtain a new activation code from the supplier (see instruction below)|
|Questions/support||Contact Helpdesk/Wolfram support|
Download and install
Register an account with the supplier
- Go to Wolfram, click on Create Account, and create an account. When the account is created, log in with the new account details. Note that when providing your e-mail address, you must use your @student.su.se address. When you are finished, click on Create Wolfram ID.
- Before you use the account to download the software, you must validate the e-mail address you have provided. You will soon receive an e-mail from the supplier Wolfram (if not, check your spam folder). Click on the link to validate your account. You will be taken to your account page.
- Log out from your account and then log in again.
- You will now request an activation code which is linked to your account. Using this code, you will be able to download the program. For more information on how to request an activation code, click here.
Go to the bottom of the page, select your platform and click on Download (if a query pops up asking if it is ok to download the file, click on OK). The download will begin. It is a large file (around 1,3 GB) so it will take a while.
Open the downloaded file (if a query pops up asking if it is okay to open the file, click on OK). The installation will begin - this take a while. Once the installation is complete, click on Finish.
Verify the installation by checking that the program starts normally. The exact details of what you need to do depends on the platform you are using. The first time you start the program, you will need to provide the activation code and click on Activate. If the program does not start, re-install the software in accordance with the above. You will need to find the location of the downloaded file. If you were unable to find the downloaded file, you can repeat the download process as per the steps above.
Removing the time limit
The installed program has full functionality, but only for fifteen calendar days. The license administrator receives notification of your download/installation and, provided you are registered as an active student at Stockholm University for the current semester, will extend the validity period to the nest license renewal date within a few days. You do not need to do anything to action the removal.
Renewing the license
The installed program has full functionality up until 27 September, the annual renewal date. This means that your software license must be renewed by 28 September. You will notice this when you are asked to enter a new activation code. If the activation code is not renewed by the annual renewal date, the program will continue to function for a further 30 days, but with a message that the activation code needs to be renewed.
How to renew:
- Visit the link provided here.
- Start the program and enter the activation code you received in the e-mail and click on Activate.
- Renewal is now complete.
Uninstalling the program
Once you have completed your studies, you must uninstall the program. The exact details of what you need to do depends on the plattform you are using.
Last updated: September 8, 2019
Source: IT Services