On this page you will find instructions on how to download and install SPSS. To gain access to certain information you must be registered in Ladok as active student at Stockholm University.
|Distribution||This program is downloaded from the suppliers homesite.|
For a how-to on how to download and install the program, see instructions below.
The instruction also contains information on renewal of license and instructions on how to uninstall the program.
|Period of validity||1 November – 31 October|
|Renew license||Obtain a new authorization code (see instruction below)|
Download and install
- Choose your platform (Win or Mac)
- Choose the version you wish to install (and if you are running a 32- or 64-bit system) > click the exe- or dmg-file > choose Save File.
- IMPORTANT! For SPSS on Windows, the installation files are in a zipped folder. Save the zipped folder to your desktop > right-click the folder and choose Extract All > choose Extract > double click Setup.exe > choose Run.
- Go through the intallation wizard.
- If you are given a choice between Authorized user license, and Concurrent user license > choose Authorized user license.
- If you are required to supply an Organization name > write Stockholms universitet.
- Once you have gone through the installation wizard > choose Install (the installation time depends on what add-ons you have chosen to install).
- Clik OK to license SPSS > choose License my product now > Next.
- You find the correct authorization code here.
- Copy and paste the code for the version you are licensing > click Next > when SPSS is licensed correctly you will get a pop-up that says Authorization succeeded > click Next > click Finish.
Verify your installation by making sure you can start the application. How you start the application depends on what platform you are running. If the application does not start, re-install the software in accordance with above.
Unlock full functionality
- Should you not have full functionality when you start the application, try to copy and paste the authorization code again, you will find those here.
- Start the application IBM SPSS Statistics [version#] License Authorization Wizard > click Next.
- Choose License my product now > click Next.
- Insert the authorization code and click Next. You should see a pop-up saying Authorization succeeded.
- Click Next to see the expiration date for the authorization code.
- Click Finish.
Renewing the license
The installed program has full functionality up until 31 October. This means that your software license must be renewed by 1 November. You will notice this when you are asked to enter a new activation code. If the activation code is not renewed by the annual renewal date, the program will continue to function for a further 30 days, but with a message that the activation code needs to be renewed.
To renew you license simply follow the steps above for Unlocking full functionality and paste in the new authorization code.
Uninstalling the program
When you have finished your studies, you will need to uninstall the application. The routine for uninstallation varies depending on what platform you are running.
Questions and support
Last updated: December 4, 2019
Source: IT Services