General Entry Requirements

A requirement for all Master's programmes is the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, corresponding to at least 180 credits in the European Credit Transfer System.

See what types of qualifications are accepted based on where you completed your studies: Special instructions for my country of study

Specific Entry Requirements 

The specific requirements vary between the programmes. Most programmes have requirements of a specific major subject in your Bachelor's degree. Make sure to read the specific entry requirements for each programme carefully on the programme-page on Stockholm University's web-catalogue.

English language requirements

Most programmes also require a very good command of English equivalent to Course English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School, please see English language requirements

Documenting your eligibility

In order to document your eligibility, you must provide University Admissions in Sweden with copies of your previous study information, as well as document your English proficiency.

Please be sure to read about what you need to submit, and how your documents must be submitted.

Whether or not you need to submit additional documents is decided by the individual department responsible for the course or programme. You should therefore contact the department directly regarding this. List of departments.

If you do not fulfill the entry requirements through formal qualifications you can apply to get your eligibility evaluated based on knowledge acquired in other ways. Information on validation of prior learning.


Students in the final year of their Bachelor's degree

If you do not hold the required degree but are registered for the last year of a programme leading to such a degree, Stockholm University permits admission if you can provide:

  • Transcripts from your second last year, and
  • An official document stating that you are likely to be awarded the degree by the start of the Swedish programme must be sent in with your application. The document has to be issued through and certified by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, The Examinations Office or equivalent of the institution. Certification from other staff members, such as faculty or college staff members, will not be accepted.

Use University Admission's Statement of enrollment status form

University Admissions in Sweden has created a form which you can use to get certification from your current university. Follow the instructions provided:

Statement of enrollment status for students in their final year

Conditionally admitted applicants

Information regarding being conditionally admitted can be found here