Stockholm university logo, link to start page

Coronavirus – Information for outbound students

This page includes information in regards to the current pandemic for students planning or participating in an exchange from Stockholm University.

For information in Swedish

Stockholm University's information for students and staff about the coronavirus can be found here:

The Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (UD) advices against non-essential travel to the majority of countries outside of EU/EEA and the Schengen area. For countries within EU/EEA and Schengen there are some that are listed at the same level of advice against non-essential travel and some that are exempted. The current advice is until 1 July 2021. Follow the updates and find the countries listed on the following link to the Swedish Foreign Ministry webpage (in Swedish):

This page was updated on 17 June 2021.
New information is marked "New!
Updated information is marked "Updated!"


Before your exchange/mobility abroad

Updated entry on 17 June 2021

We do not know what the situation will be when your exchange/mobility abroad starts in terms of the Foreign Ministry's advice or in the countries where we have partner universities. If you have been nominated for exchange studies you need to stay in touch with your exchange coordinator in case the exchange/mobility is cancelled and apply for back-up courses at Stockholm University.

It is important to keep up to date through regular contact with the exchange coordinator, either at the department or the Student Services (if the your exchange studies are organised through a central agreement or network).

Find specific information regarding Eramus+ scholarship application and regulations on the following links:

For questions regarding Eramus+ scholarship application, force majeure, etc please contact

Am I eligible for the Nordplus/Nordlys Scholarship when the courses begin online? 

The Nordplus/Nordlys Scholarship is only granted for physical mobility under the current terms. 

Updated entry on 17 June 2021

All outbound exchange students from Stockholm University are covered by the Student OUT insurance by Kammarkollegiet. Specific terms and conditions apply in case of online studies. See more about the insurance Student OUT and other practical information about your exchange studies here: Practical information about exchange studies

If you have questions, please contact the Kammarkollegiet at the following email:

In case of personal injury, accidents, changed safety conditions, etc during your exchange/mobility abroad in which you need immediate assistance please contact Falck Global Assistance.

Stay updated about the developments regionally both before and during your period abroad via the travel information of the Swedish embassy on Sweden Abroad or in the app UD Resklar, as well as to sign up to the list for swedes (svensklistan) in the country.

  • The emergency number to the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs: +46 8 405 5005

During your exchange/mobility abroad

Find specific information regarding Eramus+ scholarship application and regulations on the following links:

For questions regarding Eramus+ scholarship application, force majeure, etc please contact

See the information under the headline: Insurance Student UT

Student organizations in Europe are happy to provide on-site support and assistance to international students. Students located in another European country can contact local student organizations with any questions, such as about studies and rights, or if help is needed in contact with healthcare and authorities (eg if something needs to be translated).

  • The European Students Union (ESU) has a database of contact information for its member organizations and possibly specific information regarding the Coronavirus. The list is constantly updated.

Find the ESU-list of its member oganizations here.

  • The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is located at universities across Europe and is happy to help those students who need support.

Here is a list of national and local ESN sections.

  • Even in countries outside Europe, it may be possible to contact national or local student organizations for support and advice.
On this page