Stockholm university

Short-term exchange

Do you want to study abroad without having to spend a whole semester away? In that case a summer course or a traineeship could be a good option.

To study abroad during a period of time is often very rewarding, from an academic as well as a personal perspective. However, for some students it can be difficult to be away for a whole semester. Here you find information about our short-term exchange possibilities. More information about requirements, application procedures and deadlines is detailed in each call for application.


Do you want to study abroad without having to spend a whole semester away? The CIVIS Alliance, in which Stockholm University is a participant, offers several courses for students who want to study a short term course at one or more partner universities in Europe.

Find out more about the CIVIS-courses here


As a student at Stockholm University you have the chance to do a traineeship abroad as part of your course or programme. If you do a traineeship within Europe you can apply for a scholarship for your time abroad.

Read more about traineeships abroad

If you are training to become a teacher you could have the possibility to do a teaching placement (VFU) abroad. Visit your department’s website for more information.

Find your department


Every year we announce three available places at summer courses in Shanghai, China. The courses are held in English and organised by Nordic Center Fudan University in June/July. Various cultural activities are included in the courses.


Every second year UNICA organises an international student conference about higher education in Europe, the UNICA Student Conference. A student delegation from Stockholm University usually participates.

UNICA Student Conference


Summer and Winter programmes

Stockholm University's partner universities organise courses during summers and winters. Participation and course fees must be financed by the student. If you would like to study summer courses at one of our partner universities, you apply directly to the partner university. Questions can only be answered by the university responsible for the course or programme. 

The current calls for applications are listed below in accordance to their application deadlines:




For all exchange studies abroad

On this page