For a how-to on how to download and install the program, see instructions below.
The instruction also contains information on renewal of license and instructions on how to uninstall the program.
|Period of validity||20 March - 19 March|
|Questions/support||Contact Helpdesk/ESRI support (e-mail)|
In order to access certain information, such as authorization codes, you must be registered in Ladok as an active student at Stockholm University.
Download and install
The installation file and authorization code are available here.
Should the above link not work, try to copy the URL and paste the link into the browser.
- Clicke the .exe > Run
- Go through the installation-wizard
- Installation files have been successfully extracted to your computer > Close
The installation will start in a short while. When you are at ArcGIS Pro Setup Program > Next
- Master Agreement: Read through the Master Agreement and if you accept, choose I accept the Master Agreement and click on Next. If you don’t accept the Master Agreement the ArcGIS Pro installation will be aborted.
- Installation Context: Choose Only for me (your username)
- Destination folder: Select a folder where the application will be installed
- Choose Install and the installation will start
- You will then have the message: ArcGIS Pro has been successfully installed > Finish
ArcGIS Pro should start automatically when correct installed. Exit the program and go to Authorization of ArcGIS Pro for Windows – Step 1, below.
Authorization of ArcGIS Pro for Windows - Step 1
After the installation, ArcGIS Pro needs to be authorized (activated)
- Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Programs\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcGIS Licensing Service\sv\setupFiles
- Click on ArcGISLS.msi Windows installer, to start ArcGIS Pro Licensing Service Setup program
- Master Agreement: Read through the Master Agreement and if you accept, choose I accept the Master Agreement and click on Next. If you don’t accept the Master Agreement the installation of ArcGIS Pro Licensing Service Setup program will be aborted.
- Go through the installation wizard
- ArcGIS Pro Licensing Service has been successfully installed
Authorization of ArcGIS Pro for Windows - Step 2
- Start ArcGIS Pro
- Click on Configure your licensing option (at the bottom of the login pop-up – in other words, you do not have to fill in the UserName or Password)
- Configure Authorization: Choose Single User License as License Type and then Authorize
- Authorization options: Authorization options: Choose I have installed my software and need to authorize it > Next
- Authorization Method: Choose Authorization Method = Authorize with Esri now using the Internet > Next
- Fill in Authorization information, then Next:
- First Name och Last Name = Your name
- Organization = Stockholms universitet
- Address 1 = Universitetsvägen 10D
- City = Stockholm
- State/Province = AB
- Zip/Postal Code = 10691
- Location = Sweden
- Phone Number = 08162000
- Email = your @student.su.se email address
- Fill in Authorization information (continued), then Next
- Your Organization = Education – Student
- Your Industry = Higher Education
- Yourself = Student
- Software Authorization Number > Enter Authorization Code > Next
- Authorize Software Extensions: Check that I have authorization number(s) to authorize one or more extensions is filled > Next
- Authorizing Software. Click Finish
Re-start ArcGIS Pro to verify the authorization.
Verify:Verify your installation by making sure you can start the application. If the application does not start, repair the installation by starting ArcGISPro (...).exe and choose repair.
The installed program has full functionality up until 19 March, the annual renewal date. This means that your software license needs to be renewed by 20 March.
At the time of renewal you’ll find a new Authorization Code here. Follow the instructions under Authorization of ArcGIS Pro for Windows – Step 2
Note that you in step 2, instead of choosing Configure Your Licensing Option, choose Settings down to the left, and then Licensing and Configure Your Licensing Option. Follow the steps from 3-10 according to the instructions above. The information should already be filled in after the first time you activated ArcGIS Pro.
When you have finished your studies, you must uninstall the application. Start ArcGISPro (...).exe and choose remove.
Questions and support
Last updated: March 10, 2021
Source: IT service