Registration must be done in person at one of the Swedish Tax Agency offices.

Please remember to bring the following documents:

  • Valid passport proving your citizenship (or national ID for EU/EEA citizens)
  • A Letter of Acceptance/Notification of Selection results as proof of admission to the university (showing lenght of studies). You can download the Notification on Selection results from your account on University Admissions.
  • A registration certificate (proof of enrolment). You can download the proof of enrolment from My Studies. (Only applies for EU/EEA citizens, including Swiss citizens).
  • Information regarding your (temporary) address in Sweden, including apartment number
  • Information regarding your residence permit: a UT card and decision (Only applies for non EU/EEA citizens, including Swiss citizens).

Students with a Swedish personal identity number have the legal duty to:

  • Report changes of address within Sweden to the Swedish Tax Agency at: or by visiting one of the offices in person.
  • Report to the Swedish Tax Agency when moving from Sweden by submitting the form “Notification, Moving Abroad”. This is if you will leave Sweden in order to live abroad for at least one year. The report must be made at least one week before departure. You will find the form ''Notification, Moving Abroad'' at

More information can be found on