Idun is located in the city center, in the area called Vasastan. This apartment complex was built in 1968 and is owned by SSSB. The building has 7 floors and 157 studio apartments, of which Stockholm University rents 84.  The apartments are between 20,2-28,6 square meters and have a small kitchen with stove, refrigerator/freezer and a private bathroom with shower and WC. No smoking or pets are allowed in the apartments or building.

Important information for tenants staying at Idun

For more information about the accommodation, area, amenities as well as general rules and regulations please read the attached file located on the bottom of this page called Important information for tenants staying at Idun. There you can also find a map of Idun and information on how to get to Idun with local transport.

Application Information

The Idun apartments are intended for double occupancy (2 students of the same gender sharing one apartment) but they can also be rented out for single occupancy (1 student living alone in one apartment). We only have studio apartments at Idun, which consist of only one room. When making a accommodation application you cannot choose a specific size or floor. You can however, specify under "additional information" if you would prefer a small room, a big room, a room on the ground floor, the cheapest room and so on.

Filling out the Application

  • If you want to share a studio apartment, you must specify that you want to share and include the name of the exchange student you wish to share the apartment with.
  • If you want to share a studio apartment, but do not have a specific student in mind to share with, you must specify on the application that you want to share, then the Housing Office will choose your roommate. (It will be another international exchange student with the same gender as you).
  • If the person you want to share with is your partner/spouse, (and that person is not an exchange student at Stockholm University), you must apply for single occupancy.  You must then specify that you do not want to share the apartment. When you have received a accommodation offer you must then give the Housing Office the name of your partner/spouse so that we can arrange an extra key to the apartment.
  • Please note:  If you choose Idun and you specify that you do not want to share, you will be booked in an apartment by yourself and you will be required to pay the full rent.


All Idun apartments are furnished with a dining table, two chairs, a bunk bed, mattresses, wardrobes and lamps. You must bring your own quilt, pillow, sheets, towels and network cable.

Cooking utensils, dinnerware and cleaning articles are not supplied by the Housing Office.  However, these items may have been left by the previous tenant for your use. 

Rent and rent payments

All accommodations are rented for one semester with the possibility of extension for one more semester, if the student is continuing their exchange studies at Stockholm University.

The rent for one semester per person for a shared apartment is between SEK 15600,00-22500,00.

The rent for one semester if you rent the apartment by yourself is between SEK 31200,00-45000,00.

The rent includes cold and hot water, electricity, heating and internet (not WiFi). The rent is paid in two installments. For more payment information please log into your accommodation account.


The internet is not wireless (WiFi) so you must purchase or bring your own network cable or router to be able to use the internet. Please note: Network cables or routers from other countries may not work in Sweden, so we suggest you buy it in Stockholm.


Upon arrival you will receive the keys for your studio apartment. You are responsible for your keys and if you loose your keys you will have to pay for the cost of a lock change, which can be as much as SEK 5000,00.

Accommodation insurance

As the tenant you are responsible for your accommodation, including damages even if the damage is caused by a guest. No consideration will be taken in regard to whether the damage is the result of carelessness, an accident or some deliberate act. As the tenant you will be held responsible for payment.

As an exchange student you have a student insurance via Kammarkollegiet which should cover some or all of these costs. This is something you must check with Kammarkollegiet yourself.

Masters students (who are not here on an exchange) do not have insurance via Kammarkollegiet so you must purchase accommodation insurance yourself.  Neither the landlord nor Stockholm University will be held responsible for any theft or loss of your personal possessions and this includes your accommodation keys.