All outgoing exchange students from Stockholm University are covered by Student-UT, an insurance policy from Kammarkollegiet. The insurance includes the following:

  • Personal injury cover
  • Emergency medical care
  • Emergency dental care
  • Disruption cover
  • Baggage cover
  • Baggage delay
  • Cash assistance
  • Liability cover
  • Legal expenses cover

It is recommended to read the full terms and conditions of the insurance on Kammarkollegiet’s website (pdf-document in English). Please note that home insurance is not included.

Before you go on an exchange, you should receive a Medical Insurance Card (MIC) and an Insurance Certificate from the exchange coordinator at Stockholm University.

If something happens to you

The insurance works as follows:

  • You have to pay (make an outlay) for medical care, medicine, etc., yourself. MIC does not serve as a means of payment, but only as proof that you are covered by the insurance.
  • Fill out a claim and send it by mail to the responsible administrator at Stockholm University together with any original receipts, a police report or other relevant documents.
  • The responsible administrator at Stockholm University will sign and submit the claim to Kammarkollegiet together with a copy of the exchange agreement.
  • Kammarkollegiet will process your claim and reimburse you for your expenses within a couple of weeks.

If you have any questions about your insurance case, please contact Kammarkollegiet directly. State that you are an exchange student through Stockholm University.

European Health Insurance Card

If you go on an exchange within the EU or to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you should bring the

European Health Insurance Card. This card entitles you to health care at the same cost as the country’s inhabitants.

The card, which is free, can be ordered from Försäkringskassan and is valid for three years. If you already have a card, you should make sure that it is valid for the entire duration of your stay abroad.