Ana Gamiz HernandezResearcher
Ana P. Gamiz-Hernandez was born in Mexico city. She studied Physics at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). She received her M. Sc. (2003) in Computational Biophysics and Ph. D. in Chemistry (Dr. rer. nat) at the Freie Universität Berlin in Germany (2010) in the group of Prof. E. Walter Knapp. After her Ph.D., she worked as a postdoctoral fellow in the groups of Prof. Michael B. Hall at Texas A&M (USA) and Prof. Markus Meuwly at the University of Basel in Switzerland. She works as a postdoctoral fellow at Technische Universität Muenchen (TUM) with Prof. Ville R. I. Kaila since 2014. The main focus of her research is in understanding the molecular principles that drive catalysis, electron and proton transfer as well as excited states in in biomolecular systems.
Since June 2019, also a researcher at Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University as part of the group of Prof. Ville R. I. Kaila.
Contact address at Technical University Munich
Technical University of Munich (TUM)
Department of Chemistry
D-85747 Garching, Germany
- Warnau J, Sharma V, Gamiz-Hernandez AP, Di Luca A, Haapanen O, Vattulainen I, Wikström M, Hummer G, Kaila VRI* (2018) Redox-coupled quinone dynamics in the respiratory complex I. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 115(36):E8413-E8420.
- Suomivuori CM, Gamiz-Hernandez AP, Sundholm D, VRI K (2017) Energetics and dynamics of a light-driven sodium-pumping rhodopsin. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 114:7043-7048.
- Di Luca A, Gamiz-Hernandez AP, Kaila VRI (2017) Symmetry-related Proton Transfer Pathways in Respiratory Complex I. Proc Natl Acad Sci114:E6314-E6321.
- Gamiz-Hernandez AP, Jussupow A, Johansson MP, Kaila VRI (2017) Terminal Electron–Proton Transfer Dynamics in the Quinone Reduction of Respiratory Complex I. J Am Chem Soc139:16282-16286.
- Supekar S, Gamiz-Hernandez AP, Kaila VRI (2016) A Protonated Water Cluster as a Transient Proton Loading Site in Cytochrome c Oxidase. Angew Chemie Intl Ed55:11940-11944.
- Gamiz-Hernandez AP, Kieseritzky G, Demir-Kavuk O, Galstyan AS, Knapp EW (2010) Understanding properties of cofactors in proteins: redox potentials of synthetic cytochromes b. ChemPhysChem11:1196-1206.
- Gamiz-Hernandez AP, Galstyan AS, Knapp EW (2009) Understanding rubredoxin redox potentials: role of H-bonds on model complexes. J Chem Theory Comput5:2898-2908.