Demographic data for research
Here you find information on the demographic data used for research projects.
Much of Sweden’s demographic research is based on longitudinal population register data. Sweden’s system of population registers is a unique source for research; it builds on the centuries-long practice of collection and processing of demographic data through Statistics Sweden and its predecessors via the Swedish State Church and other government authorities. Much of the demographic research at SUDA builds on access to collections of register data in the Family Change, Ageing Well, and Migrant Trajectories projects. The data collections are stored at Statistics Sweden and available to researchers at SUDA through Statistics Sweden’s Micro-Online Access System, MONA. All research projects at SUDA have been subjected to necessary ethical approval.
- Generations and Gender Survey (GGS)
- Swedish Fertility and Family Survey of 1992
- Young Adult Panel Survey (YAPS)
- The Swedish Housing and Life Course Cohort Study (HOLK)
Databases for demographic research
This page includes:
- The Contextual Database of the Swedish Generations and Gender Survey
- European Union Family Policy Database
- The Swedish Housing and Life Course Cohort Study: Contextual Database
Last updated: June 10, 2022