7.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
The aim of the course is to develop students’ reflective knowledge and critical understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as an emerging management concept and practice whereby companies and other forms of organisations integrate social and environmental concerns in their business operations and interactions with their stakeholders.
The course covers the following areas:
- Theories about corporate social responsibility derived from management, environmental management, accounting and other fields within the social sciences.
- The emergence and development of corporate social responsibility.
- Methods for critically and reflectively analysing conceptual foundations and practices of corporate social responsibility in contemporary businesses and organisations.
The course workload (model: 40 hours per week equivalent to 1,5 ECTS) is allocated as follows:
Teacher-led lectures: 14 hours
Teacher-led seminars: 10 hours
Debate: 10 hours
Self-studies: 110 hours
Assessment: 50 hours
Total workload: 200 hours equivalent to 7,5 ECTS.
The language of instruction is English.
The course consists of a combination of lectures, seminars and group work and requires a significant portion of self-study on the part of students. Assessment for the course will be continuous and is carried throughout the different activities of the course.
The course contains the following weighted assessment tasks:
- Individual final exam: assesses intended learning outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; constitutes 50% of total course points.
- Individual memos: assesses intended learning outcomes 2, 3, 4, 5; constitute 40% of total course points.
- Class participation and attendance; constitutes 10% of total course points.
ScheduleThe schedule will be available no later than one month before the start of the course. We do not recommend print-outs as changes can occur. At the start of the course, your department will advise where you can find your schedule during the course.
Course Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org