7.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
The course is open to physics students who want to work in research on particle accelerators or use particle accelerators in experimental or medical research.
The course describes:
- technical components such as electromagnets, radio frequency systems, vacuum, ion sources and beam diagnostics
- transversal and longitudinal beam dynamics
- overview of circular and linear accelerators and applications: colliders, cyclotrons, synchrotron light sources, free electron lasers, ion traps and storage rings and their applications.
- accelerators with Swedish connection: for example MAX I-IV, ESS, XFEL, FAIR, LHC och DESIREE.
-accelerators used for cancer therapy: for example Skandion Clinic in Uppsala and HIT in Heidelberg.