7.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
This course introduces students to the basic laboratory methods for measuring the geotechnical properties of marine sediments.
This includes measurements of index properties, undrained shear strength, consolidation and permeability. Students will learn how to integrate these results with geophysical data to describe the bottom stratigraphy, geotechnical properties and geological history of a sampling site.
The course deals with:
- Sediment characterisation for marine offshore site investigations.
- Index properties and classification schemes for marine sediments.
- Undrained shear strength of marine sediments.
- Consolidation and permeability of marine sediments.
Course period Spring 2022: January 17–February 16 (incorrect study period in the right column).
ScheduleThe schedule will be available no later than one month before the start of the course. We do not recommend print-outs as changes can occur. At the start of the course, your department will advise where you can find your schedule during the course.
Note that the course literature can be changed up to two months before the start of the course.
Scientific publications and lecture notes that will be made available to the students during the course.
Research scientist, Sediment physical properties
+46 (0)8 674 78 57 | Room: R233