7.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
A course on Fourier series and Fourier integrals.
The course covers:
- Fourier series and integrals in one variable: Pointwise convergence, convergence in L2, summation of Fourier series and integrals. Theorems of Parseval and Plancherel.
- Fourier series and integrals in several variable: Fourier analysis in higher dimensions and on discrete Abelian groups.
- Fourier analysis of analytic functions: Hardy functions on the unit disk, Paley-Wiener Theorem, Hardy functions and filters.
- Applications: Selection of the following. Heat equation, wave equation, isoperimetric inequality, Laplace equation on the unit disk and half-plane, Szegő's Theorem.
This course replaces MM8003 Fourier Analysis .
This course is given jointly with KTH, and information about schedule, course literature etc. can be found on KTH's pages - see links below.
The course consists of one element.
Instruction is given in the form of lectures and exercises.
The course is assessed through written examination and for higher grades (A and B) also oral examination.
For information on how to sign up for exams at KTH, see Exam information.
A list of examiners can be found on
ScheduleThe schedule will be available no later than one month before the start of the course. We do not recommend print-outs as changes can occur. At the start of the course, your department will advise where you can find your schedule during the course.
Note that semesters do not always start on the same day at Stockholm University and KTH, so this course may begin before the official first day of the semester at Stockholm University.
Course literatureNote that the course literature can be changed up to two months before the start of the course.
Note that if you have applied to and are admitted to this course, you register for the course at Stockholm University, not KTH.
The course web should be linked from this page before the start of the semester:
If you are admitted to this course at Stockholm University this does not make you a KTH student and will not receive a KTH student account, but the course web should still be available without such an account.