Weather, Climate, Energy and Society
This course treats weather, climate and energy use in a sustainable society. With a basis in physical laws the course addresses questions that a future teacher may get from students, such as:
• What drives atmospheric motion and weather?
• How can you determine the temperature of a planet?
• What is a greenhouse gas and why are only some gases greenhouse gases?
• Why is it so difficult to give a simple answer to how much human activities impact our climate?
• What is a climate model?
• How is our environment affected by different ways of harvesting energy?
• How does different types of radiation affect living organisms?