Swedish for International Students and Researchers, Course 1
4.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
The course is aimed at international students at Stockholm University who need basic Swedish to communicate with Swedish-speakers during their stay in Sweden. The course provides knowledge about the basic grammatical structure of Swedish through the learning of everyday Swedish words and phrases.
The course may not be included in a degree at Stockholm University, either as a main field of study or as additional studies.
This course is given
- twice during the autumn and twice during the spring semester in period 1 and 2.
- as a complementary course. Due to a limited number of places priority is given to new students.
Admission and registration
The course combines teaching and exercises for beginners in Swedish as a foreign language. You will acquire a basic knowledge of the Swedish language, Swedish phonemes and basic vocabulary, syntax and word order. Practice will focus on useful everyday phrases.
Course 1 consists of a limited number of tutorials in study groups of around 200 to 300 students.
- Regular homework, assignments and self study is compulsory.
- Classes are scheduled two afternoons or evenings a week.
- Active participation and a passing grade on the final examination is necessary for receiving credit points, as well as for admission to a higher level.
Please see the Syllabus.
Search for the examiner in the pdf file by using the course code NS001 (PC: ctrl + F, Mac: cmd + F).
ScheduleThe schedule will be available no later than one month before the start of the course. We do not recommend print-outs as changes can occur. At the start of the course, your department will advise where you can find your schedule during the course.
Fall 2022 (HT22)
- Starts in week 35.
Schedule NS0001 Fall 2022 Group 3
- Starts in week 41.
Course literatureNote that the course literature can be changed up to two months before the start of the course.
- This course is given free of charge to international students admitted to a course, exchange program, bachelor/master or an equivalent agreement containing at least 15 ECTS at Stockholm University meeting our requirements.
- Under certain conditions a student may need to pay a fee for taking this course.
ContactCourse administration – Swedish for International Students and Employees