Planning your stay

  1. You are here:
  2. Start
  3. Stockholm University
  4. Staff
  5. Relocation
  6. Planning your stay

We are happy to welcome you to Stockholm University and Sweden. In order to make your relocation process as smooth as possible, we have listed a few things we recommend that you do in order to plan your stay. Please note that the first steps will be to contact the authorities listed below. If you have any questions or queries, you can contact your department.

  1. The Swedish Migration Board (Migrationsverket)

    – Entry visa (for stay up to three months)
    – Residence permit (for stay longer than three months)
    – Extension of residence permit
    – Right of residence
    Application guide

  2. The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket)
    – National registration and personal identity number
    – ID cards
    – Taxes

  3. The Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan)
    – Registration
    – Social Benefits

Contact information

Human Resources Office

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: