Planning your Departure (Photo: Mostphotos)

Don't forget to contact

  • The Tax Authority (Skatteverket)
    If you leave Sweden in order to live abroad for at least one year, then you are to notify the Tax Office at least one week before departure.
    Tax Agency
    Notification – Moving from Sweden (form)
  • Change your adress
    Svensk adressändring
  • Your bank
    Close your bank account after leaving, so that there are no problems for Stockholm University when we pay out the last salary. You may want to speak to your bank before leaving, in order to prepare how you will close your bank account once you are not in Sweden anymore.
  • The Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan)
    Gotland Social Insurance Office, International matters – international issues relating to pension.
    Telephone: +46 498 200 700 (Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)

    Anyone receiving any allowances (child, study, parental benefit) must notify The Social Insurance Agency when the child leaves Sweden.