The GENPARENT research project has produced a number of publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals. We list them below.
- Weverthon, M. & E. Jaspers. 2023. Money, Birth, Gender: Explaining Unequal Earnings Trajectories following Parenthood. Sociological Science. https://doi.org/10.15195/v10.a14
- Eriksson Kirsch, M. and M Evertsson. 2022. Taking Turns: Lesbian Couples’ Decision of (First) Birth Mother. Journal of Family Studies. Early view. https://doi.org/10.1080/13229400.2022.2098806
- Moberg, Ylva, and Maaike van der Vleuten. 2022. Why do gendered divisions of labour persist? Parental leave take-up among adoptive and biological parents. European Sociological Review. Early view. https://doi.org/10.1093/esr/jcac058
- Geerts, Allison and Marie Evertsson. 2022. Who Carries the Baby? How Lesbian Couples in the Netherlands Assign Birth Motherhood. Family Relations. Early view. http://doi.org/10.1111/fare.12726
- Evertsson, Marie and Anna Malmquist. 2022. Division of care and leave arrangements in gay father families in Sweden. Sexuality Research and Social Policy. Published online. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13178-022-00732-9
- Jaspers, E., T. van der Lippe and M. Evertsson. 2022. Gender inequality, households and work, in Gërxhani, K., de Graf, N. D. and Raub, W. (eds.) Handbook of Sociological Science. Contributions to Rigorous Sociology. Edward Elgar. https://doi.org/10.4337/9781789909432
- Evertsson, M., M. Eriksson Kirsch & A. Geerts. (2021). "Family sociological theories questioned. Same-sex parent families sharing work and care", in Schneider, N. S. & Kreyenfeld, M (eds.). Research handbook on the sociology of the family. Edward Elgar publishing.
- Van der Vleuten, M. Jaspers, E. and Van der Lippe, T. 2021. "Same-sex couples' Division of Labor from a Cross-National Perspective", Journal of GLBT family studies.
- Boye, K. and M. Evertsson. 2020. “Who gives birth (first) in female same-sex couples in Sweden?" Journal of Marriage and Family. Early View DOI:10.1111/jomf.12727
- Evertsson, M., E. Jaspers & Y. Moberg. (2020). “Parentalization in same-sex couples: Family formation and leave rights in five northern European countries”, in Nieuwenhuis, R. and W. Van Lancker (eds.), The Palgrave Handbook of Family Policy. Palgrave Macmillan. DOI:10.1007/978-3-030-54618-2
- Evertsson, M. & K. Boye. 2018. “The transition to parenthood and the division of parental leave in different-sex and female same-sex couples in Sweden” European Sociological Review 34(5): 471-485.
Last updated: May 23, 2023