The Phonetics Laboratory offers advanced research conditions for experimental studies of speech perception and production.
The Phonetics Laboratory is known for its research facilities and for its high quality of teaching. Our resources include extensive testing facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and elaborated data analysis software. Our technical staff assist in the development of new research methods and in adjusting the equipment to the requirements of each individual study.
Among our resources are
- an anechoic chamber for acoustic recordings with the highest level of experimental control
- other soundproof rooms for qualified sound- and video recordings
- electrically shielded laboratories for speech physiology and electrophysiology experiments
- facilities for accomodating children as research subjects
- laboratories equipped for perceptual experiments and for measuring electrical activity in the brain with EEG
- a teaching lab equipped with computer software for speech analysis and signal processing.