In an emergency
Have you ended up in an acute crisis or become ill? The university can help you in many different situations, but sometimes you need to turn to another actor. Here you will find contact details and information that is good to know in the event of an incident or emergency at Stockholm University.
In case of emergency
Call 112 – SOS alarm – in emergency situations that involve danger to life, health or property to call / report emergency services, ambulance, police or poison information.
Anonymous incident reporting
Reporting/tips about crime, threats, harassment, assault, vandalism, theft, fraud, financial irregularities or anything else related to security at the university can be done in two ways:
- Via the university's system for incident reporting (SAMIR) Registration can be made anonymously. To SAMIR
- Via a tip phone for students and staff. It is a number to an answering machine (without number display) that is listened to regularly. Telephone tip: 08-16 11 55
University emergency number
Call the sequrity guard: 08-16 42 00
In the event of a serious situation/crisis on the university's premises and/or in the event of need for emergency security assistance, for example at a too difficult situation to handle. Example of a serious event/situation/crisis:
- Deceased person
Student crisis counseling/support
If you need healthcare advice and do not know where to turn, you can call "Vårdguiden" (the care guide) around the clock and get advice. You can get counseling by dial/phone: 1177
Defibrillators at Stockholm University
Stockholm University has over 50 defibrillators placed on the premises, which is the highest number among all universities, colleges and authorities in Sweden.
- South House, House A, floor 3
- South House, House B, floor 3 & 4
- South House, House C, floor 3
- South House, House D, floor 4
- South House, House E, floor 3
- South House, House F, floor 4
- Stockholm University Library, 5th floor by the elevator
- Staff gym, Allhuset
- Department of Special Education House 10, Frescati Hage
- Department of Education Frescativägen 54
- Stress Research Institute House 16A, Frescati Hage
- Department of Child and Youth Studies, Frescati Backe, in the main entrance
- Department of Social Work, Sveavägen 160, Floor 2
- Department of Culture and Aesthetics (MSL), Frescativägen 22
- Department of Psychology, House 8, 14 Frescati Hage
- Geo-house, U, Y and S entrance
- Stockholm Business School, House 3, Kräftriket
- Department of Mathematics, House 5, 6 Kräftriket
- Department of Asian, Middle Eastern and Turkish Studies, House 4A, Kräftriket
- Stockholm Resilience Centre, House 2, Kräftriket
- Aula Magna, taxi entrance
- Frescati Backe 21 A, stairwell floor 1
- Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Arrhenius, building A, floor 4
- Arrhenius, Building C, entrance floor 3
- Arrhenius, Building D, entrance
- Arrhenius, Building E, entrance
- Arrhenius, Building O, entrance by the elevator.
- Arrhenius, Building P, entrance
- Chemical Practice Laboratory (KÖL), Manelisalen , Svante Arrhenius väg 16 B & E
- Department of Archaeology and Classical Studies, Lilla Frescativägen 7, ground floor 3
- Student house, at the info desk, Universitetsvägen 2A
- Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, DSV, Kista, floor 2 & 3
- Department of Media Studies, Garnisonen Karlavägen 104, floor 3
- Bloms paviljong, Svante Arrhenuis väg, 26
All defibrillators are placed in an alarmed cabinet. When opening the door to the cabinet, an alert is sent to the staff of the section for safety and the security guard who is trained in CPR/AED. Before you start CPR call 112 and send out a person to meet the ambulance.
What is a defibrillator?
The defibrillator has been available in the healthcare for a long time. The defibrillator provides spoken instructions to you, in Swedish, telling you how to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, CPR. The defibrillator analyzes the patient's heart rhythm and recommends if shock should be given or not. The defibrillator is intelligent and it will not give a shock to someone who doesn't need it.
Everyone can use the defibrillator!
There is an easy understandable instruction book in the defibrillator bag. There are no requirements for education, but it is a great advantage if you know CPR.
Education – training how to use a defibrillator
We have a much appreciated training on how to use the defibrillator and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. The training takes approx. 4 hours and costs 500 SEK/person.
To sign up for training, please contact: email@example.com, 08-16 35 45.
After completing the training you will get the educational material "Mini Anne" and an instructional DVD.
In case of emergency
- SOS Alarm: 112
- Security guards: 08-16 42 00 (08-15 42 00)
Last updated: May 2, 2022
Source: Property Management Office