Alumni Mentorship Programme
Mentorship is a way of transferring valuable experiences and knowledge from one person to another. It is a personal and professional development journey for both the mentor and the mentee.
Purpose of the Programme
The Mentorship Programme is an initiative taken by the alumni coordinators at Student Services. Participating departments are given an opportunity to connect their current students to their alumni in a mentoring capacity.
The main purpose of the Mentorship Programme is to connect alumni and students in a meaningful way, thereby creating a mutual benefit, and cementing a stronger relationship between all involved: the students, the alumni, and the department. The participating departments are responsible for responding to the needs of the students and alumni, and pair them.
Mentorship Programme Events Calendar, 2023-24
In addition to meetings between mentor and mentee, a number of larger meetings will be arranged during the course of the programme. During these meetings, participants will be given guidance and education so as to learn and develop in their roles. The objective for the events in the calendar is to solidify the engagement of the mentors and mentees in the program, provide professional development activities, as well as to inspire and motivate the participants.
- Mentee workshop on Zoom, November 7, 2023
- Mentor workshop on Zoom, November 8, 2023
- Kick-off at University, November 15, 2023
- Mid-way meeting at University, February 15, 2024
- Experience sharing mentees on Zoom, March 19, 2024
- Experience sharing mentors on Zoom, March 20, 2024
- Conclusion at University, May 21, 2024
More information about the events will be sent out to the participants in the beginning of the programme.
Participating departments 2023-24
The alumni coordinators at Student Services are responsible for the overall structure of the programme and will organize a series of events during the course of the programme. The alumni coordinators at the participating departments recruit alumni and students to match within the programme. Following departments participate 2023-24:
- Department of Biology Education
- Department of Ethnology, History of Religions and Gender Studies
- Department of Human Geography
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry
- Department of Media Studies
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Public Health Sciences
- Department of Social Anthropology
- Stockholm Resilience Centre
Read about earlier participants
Participating in the programme can be very rewarding, whether you are a mentor or a student. Read about some of the earlier participants' experiences here.
Interested in the mentorship programme?
We have now started planning for next year's programme. If your department is interested in joining, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com.
As a participating department, you are resposible for recruiting your alumni and students and to match them within the programme. The alumni coordinators at Student Services are responsible for the overall structure of the programme and will organise a series of events during the course of the programme.
If you are a student or alum interested in participating in next year's programme, please tell your department!
Last updated: August 31, 2023
Source: Student Services