Through Erasmus+, you have the opportunity to study part of your degree in one of the partner universities of Stockholm University. Through the student exchange, you will not have to pay any additional student fees and you will be granted a scholarship.
The agreements made through Erasmus+ with other higher education institutions in Europe are departmental. Therefore, if you have questions about the opportunities available to you and how to apply, please contact the international coordinator at your department.
In order to participate in Erasmus+, you must:
- Have completed at least a year of full-time studies at higher education level (60 credits) before departure.
- Be a registered student at Stockholm University, where you intend to graduate. (Students on study leave may not apply)
- Be offered an exchange that means you will be there at least 90 days, but no more than 360 days per education cycle.
- Not have been on a study or internship exchange through Erasmus+ as a part of the same education cycle previously, making the total over 360 days.
- Establish a Learning Agreement before departure.
- Sign a Grant Agreement before departure.
- Complete a language test before and after the exchange.
- Complete an online survey, a Participant Report, after the exchange.
- Submit a Certificate of Attendance to Stockholm University after the exchange.
- Not accept any other scholarships from the EU or the Swedish Council for Higher Education.
Please note that these are requirements stipulated by Erasmus+. Your department may have further requirements; therefore, contact your international coordinator to learn more.
All accepted Erasmus+ student who meet the requirements are granted a scholarship. If you have been offered a place, you must fill out a scholarship form. Click here to learn more.
The members of the European Union*, Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey and UK.
*Including: Anguilla, Aruba, Ascension, the Azores, Bermuda, Bonaire, the British Antarctic Territory, the British Indian Ocean Territory, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Curaçao, the Falkland Islands, the French Guiana, the French Polynesia, the French Southern and Antarctic Lands, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Mayotte, Montserrat, Madeira, the Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, the Pitcairn Islands, Réunion, Saba, Saint Barthélemy, Sint Eustatius, Saint Martin, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Saint Helena, Tristan da Cunha, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, the Turks and Caicos Islands, and the Wallis and Futuna Islands.
Important information about exchange in the UK
The United Kingdom is since the 1 February 2020 no longer a member of the EU, which might affect future possibilities to do an Erasmus+ exchange in the country. The withdrawal agreement foresees that the UK will continue to participate in current EU programmes until they end, as if they were an EU member state. Participation in the Erasmus+ after 2020 is dependent on the outcome of the negotiations between the EU and the UK which take place during the year.
You are obligated to complete a language test both before and after your exchange. Some languages are also available as online courses.
Students with a disability
If you have a disability which entails extra expenses during your exchange, you may apply to have these expenses covered up to 100 percent. Expenses may include transportation, teaching aids, special accommodation, assistants, or medical assistance in the country of your host university.
Students with children
If you have children that will accompany you to the country of your exchange, you may apply for an additional 200 euro per month.
Contact the central international office to learn more about the application: email@example.com
In addition to exchange studies, students also have the opportunity to participate in an internship, write an essay, or collect data abroad through the Erasmus+ Traineeship programme. This includes the same countries included in Erasmus+ student exchange programme.
Last updated: April 24, 2020
Source: Student Services