Application for a degree certificate
When you have completed your studies at Stockholm University you are welcome to apply for your certificate at the Student Services. The certificate is issued upon request and is free of charge.
Important points to remember before applying
- Course modules or units of an incomplete course cannot be included in the degree.
- Check that all the results have been registered in Ladok and that the courses have been given a final grade. If anything is missing, contact your department.
- Please check the transcript for misspellings of your name. If there is an error, you need to enclose a certified copy of your passport or an extract from the population register (for extract from the population register please see https://www.skatteverket.se). If you have changed names or have a new civic registration number, you also need to enclose an extract from the population register.
- If you have a university account, please send in an online application.
- If you do not have an account, you can use the application form below and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application form (152 Kb)
Your certificate will be in both Swedish and English. From 1 January 2017, the award date on the certificate is the same date as the degree is issued.
The names shown in Ladok are the ones that will be used in your degree certificate. Please note: If you have a specific first name marked in the Swedish population registry only that first name will show in Ladok and you need to contact the Swedish population registry to remove the specific first name marking if you want all your first names in the degree certificate.
If you are not a resident and want to make changes, please contact email@example.com for further information.
Please ensure also that your names, date of birth/personal identity number and e-mail address are correct in Ladok.
Digital degree certificates
As of 1 June 2019, Stockholm University will issue digital degree certificates. The digital degree certificate will be sent by email; therefore, it is important to provide an updated email address when you apply. Previous degree certificates will not be replaced by a digital version.
Last updated: November 2, 2022
Source: Student Services