When you have finished your studies and want to apply for the award of a qualification, you should apply to receive a degree certificate (diploma). To receive the degree certificate you must have fulfilled all of the requirements.

Master's thesis in Aula Magna, Stockholm university. Photo: Ingmarie Andersson, Stockholm university.

Qualification requirements

  • Local qualification descriptor – applies to those who began their studies in their main field of study fall semester 2016 or later.
    The local qualification descriptors cover general first and second-cycle qualifications. The programme syllabi fill the same function for professional qualifications and the general syllabi contain the provisions for third-cycle qualifications. For more information or translation of the local qualification descriptors, please contact your department.

    Local qualification descriptor (in Swedish)
  • What qualification requirements apply to students who began their studies before fall semester 2016?

    Degree requirements
  • Teaching and professional qualifications - Those who have completed a professional or teaching qualification according to the educational plan have fulfilled the degree requirements for the programme.

    Degree requirements

How to apply for a degree certificate (diploma)

You apply for a degree certificate through the Degree Office. Information on how to apply:

Application for a degree certificate


Alumni - stay connected with us!

Alumnis visiting Accelartor at Frescati
Alumnis visiting the art gallery Accelerator at Frescati.

There are plenty of good reasons for alumni to stay in touch with Stockholm University. Stay connected after you graduate, or reconnect with us now, to find out more about what possibilities are in store for you!

Collaborate with us!

We are always on the lookout for our alumni around the world. If you want to get on our radar, or know of alumni that we should connect with, please write to us!

Read more about our Alumni

Join our Alumni network



If you have any questions about our educations, please contact the course administrator or the student office.

Student office
Administrator for international courses
On this page