PhD defense: Family Language Policies and Immigrant Language Maintenance
Date: Wednesday 24 November 2021
Time: 15.00 – 17.00
The PhD defense of Frederik H. Bissinger, Section for Baltic Languages, will take place on Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 3-5 pm via ZOOM.
Title of Dissertation: Family Language Policies and Immigrant Language Maintenance. Lithuanian in Sweden
Language of the defense: English
Public defense – open to all!
Opponent: Dr. Katharina M. Ruuska, Jyväskylä University, Finland
Examination Committee: Prof. Dr. Meilutė Ramonienė, Vilnius University, Lithuania; Prof. Dr. Ineta Dabašinskienė, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania; Dr. Heiko D. Marten, Rezekne Academy of Technologies, Latvia.
Chairperson of the Public Defense: Prof. Dr. Jenny Larsson, Stockholm University
Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Peteris Vanags, Stockholm University; Prof. Dr. Anneli Sarhimaa, Mainz University, Germany.
Due to the current covid-19 situation, the defense will take place via the digital meeting platform Zoom. The public will have the possibility to participate and ask questions, without physical presence.
Follow these steps:
- Download the Zoom client (plugin) to your computer or the Zoom app to your smartphone.
- Register for the webinar at this link ==>
- After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation mail with a link to the webinar.
- The defence opens to the public at 2.45 PM. As the audience, you will see and hear the chair, the PhD candidate, the examiner and the examination committee, as they speak. You will neither be seen nor heard.
- At the end of the defense you have the opportunity to pose questions to the PhD candidate. Choose either "Raise hand" or "Chat" at the bottom of the Zoom screen, and you will be put on queue.
Questions about Zoom can be mailed to: Åke Zimmermann Bjersby
All attendees are very welcome to participate in the post-defence mingle, starting at 5.45 pm (CEST): please join using this Zoom-link ==>
Last updated: November 12, 2021
Source: Section for Baltic Studies