The Stockholm Prize in Criminology - Nominations for 2021
Saturday 1 May 2021 07.00 – 22.00
The Stockholm Prize in Criminology is awarded for outstanding achievement in criminological research or in the application of research results by practitioners or scholars for the reduction of crime and the advancement of human rights.
The objectives of The Stockholm Prize in Criminology are to promote the development of:
- improved knowledge on causes of crime on an individual and structural level
- more effective and humane public policies for dealing with criminal offenders
- greater knowledge of alternative crime prevention strategies inside and outside the judicial system
- policies for helping the victims of crime
- better ways to reduce the global problem of illegal or abusive practices that may occur in the administration of justice.
The prize is awarded to one recipient annually, with the possibility of the prize being shared among co-recipients. The prize amounts to at least 1 000 000 SEK. An independent international jury selects and appoints the prize recipient(s) from the nominations submitted. The jury consists of members representing both practitioners and academics.
Last updated: March 5, 2021
Source: Department of Criminology