Stockholm university


Take the opportunity for a shorter international mobility through the European Universities initiative alliance Civis, where Stockholm University takes part.

Do you want to study abroad without having to spend a whole semester away? Civis offers several courses in the format Blended Intensive Programme BIP) for students who want to study a short term course at a partner universitiy in Europe. BIP is offered within the Erasmus programme and entails a virtual part and a shorter physical part. Within Civis a BIP’s physical mobility consists of five days and the course total extent is 3-6 ECTS.


The courses

Find further information and application instructions on the following link:

CIVIS Courses

All students admitted to a Civis-course, regardless of format, must submit an online form provided by Student Services. 

In order to participate in a Civis-course and apply for an Erasmus grant, you must be a registered student at Stockholm University, where you intend to graduate. The course must fit your study plan as you need to be able to transfer the credits earned to Stockholm University afterwards. For this reason, you must first contact the international coordinator at your department.

Students who receive any other Erasmus grant at the same time, are not allowed to apply. International students receiving a grant from the Swedish Institute may apply, but must inform SI before.

The application is done through the Civis-course website and the selection and admission are made by the course coordinators organizing the BIP.
Information about the application process can be found on the respective course website:


Students who are participating in credit courses are covered by the Student OUT insurance by Kammarkollegiet during the physical part of the mobility. Read more about the insurance Student OUT here

All students should bring their European Health Insurance Card during the physical part of the mobility.

Once you have been admitted to a BIP, you can apply for a scholarship for an Erasmus grant. Please note that you are only entitled to receive a scholarship for physical mobility in the host country. Online participation from Sweden or another country does not entitle you for the grant. 

Read more about the Erasmus grant for Blended Intensive Programmes

Students who have been admitted to a BIP will be contacted by the Student Services with application information.

Your home department or Student Services has to transfer your credits/note your participation in a none credit course in Ladok. When the course has been completed you need to hand in your Certificate of Attendance/Transcript of Records.

Find more information on credit transfer here

Please contact your home department or Student Services for more information about credit transfer. 

Tuition fee

Civis-courses (physical and virtual courses) which can be recognized as part of your study program at Stockholm University are free of charge. 

Civis-courses (physical and virtual courses) which will not count toward your degree have to be paid for. The Civis-course will be calculated individually.
Please contact well in advance for more information. 

Residence permit

It is a good idea to contact the Migration Agency regarding your specific situation to see how the participation of the Civis-course could affect your residence permit in Sweden. 
For more information please contact: Swedish Migration Agency.



On this page