I am a Ph.D. student at the Department of Human Geography at Stockholm University within the profile on Population Geography, Migration, and GIS.
In my dissertation "The educational trajectory of migrants and its spatial dimension in Sweden" by focusing on migrants' educational attainment, I aim to address their integration from two dimensions; residential and labor market integration, across different temporal and spatial scales. I am specialized in quantitative methodologies and my research is conducted based on the longitudinal Swedish register microdata register data-based.
I am a member of the research profile Population Geography, Migration, and GIS at the Department of Human geography. I am also a student affiliated with the SPaDE collaboration working on Social Policy and Family Dynamics in Europe.
- Course coordinators of GIS and human geography (Geografiska informationssystem och kartografi)
- Geographical information processing and analysis (geografisk informationsbehandling)
- Geographic methods (Geografiska metoder)
- Swedish geography ( for exchange students)
- Essay on Swedish geography ( for exchange students)
- Business intelligence in human geography (Omvärldsanalys)
- Advanced Methods in Human Geography and Urban and Regional Planning (AMIKOS)
Migration, residential mobility, social mobility, segregation, ethnic segregation, educational inequality, school segregation, contextual effects, educational trajectory
1- Khaef, S, 2022, Registration of immigrants’ educational attainment in Sweden: an analysis of sources and time to registration. Genus, 78, 16, https://doi.org/10.1186/s41118-022-00159-5
2- Khaef, S, 2022, Initial residential patterns of immigrants across the urban hierarchy in Sweden: The role of education, SRRD 2022:15
3- Khaef, S, Esfandiar Zebardast, 2016, Assessing Quality of Life Dimensions in Deteriorated Inner Areas: A case from Javadieh Neighborhood in Tehran Metropolis,SocIndic Res (2016) 127:761–775, DOI 10.1007/s11205-015-0986-6
4- Khaef, S., the relationship between immigrants' location in Italian cities and schools, European Commission, 2017, JRC110187.
- SUDA Demographic Colloquium. "Registry of education in Sweden: A gold mine for migration research?" October 2019, Stockholm university
- European Network for Housing Research, ENHR. "Role of education in the initial sorting of immigrants in Sweden, August 2019, Athens
- 10th International Population Geographies Conference. "Role of education in the initial sorting of immigrants in Sweden". July 2019, Loughborough University, UK
- PopFest. "The educational enrolment trajectories of refugees in Sweden: How enrolment history impacts labor market integration", 2019, LSE, London