- BNI research key in special report 2016-04-13 The new audit report on the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea region builds on research by key experts and institutions around the Baltic, including the Baltic Nest Institute.
- Regime shifts in the Northern Benguela ecosystem 2016-03-14 A new article written by BNI researcher Maciej T. Tomczak and Johanna J. Heymans from the Scottish Marine Institute explains how increased fishing and climate drivers during the last 50 years have led to regime shifts, with reorganized ecosystem structure and changes in the main demersal species.
- BONUS pilot workshop on scenarios 2016-01-28 The objective of the workshop is to take the first steps to explore and develop harmonized storylines for future developments of multiple regional drivers and pressures that affect the Baltic Sea and that can be associated with readily available global climate and socioeconomic scenarios (RCPs and SSPs ).
- Changing seasonality of the Baltic Sea 2015-12-15 Summer season in the Baltic Sea starts earlier. The number of days with sea water warmer than 17°C have almost doubled over the past 30 years. The productive season has also been prolonged. These findings are based on satellite data and the results demonstrate how such indicators of seasonality can be used to detect long-term changes.
- Trends and Changes in the Gulf of Gdańsk Ecosystem 2015-10-30 New publication: Evaluation of Trends and Changes in the Gulf of Gdańsk Ecosystem—an Integrated Approach
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Baltic Sea Research 2015-08-24 Vacancy: Postdoctoral Fellow in Baltic Sea Research Ref. No. SU FV-2503-15 at Stockholm University Baltic Sea Centre. Closing date: September 20, 2015.
- New project on ecosystem services of the Baltic Sea 2015-06-11 Well-being from the Baltic Sea – applications combining natural science and economics. BalticAPP is a BONUS project that will study both the supply and demand of marine ecosystem services across the entire Baltic Sea region in a spatially and temporally detailed manner.
- Seminar on sediment parameterizations in 3D Baltic Sea models 2015-03-24 Hagen Radtke from IOW will talk about "Extending the Baltic Sea ecosystem model ERGOM into the sediment - an early diagenetic modelling approach."
- Bacteria in the Baltic Sea reduce acidification 2014-12-15 Alkalinity production in the Baltic Sea is much larger than previously known. Researchers at Stockholm University determined the alkalinity delivered by rivers to the Baltic Sea and concluded that there are large internal sources in the sea that generate alkalinity.
- Three faces of HELCOM - institution, organization, policy producer 2014-11-19 Academic dissertation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science at Stockholm University to be publicly defended.
BNI publications in DiVA
- Cost-Effective Spatial and Dynamic Management of a Eutrophied Baltic Sea
- The influence of environmental conditions on early life stages of flounder (Platichthys flesus) in the central Baltic Sea
- Institutional stability and change in the Baltic Sea : 30 years of issues, crises and solutions
- Modeling Social-Ecological Scenarios in Marine Systems