Shengnan HanAssociate professor
Current Position and Service
- Associate professor in Computer and Systems Sciences
- Program Director of Bachelor program Marketing & IT
- Member of program council-Master program Healthinformatics
- Member of the Board of the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences
- Faculty member of Digital Futures
- D.Sc., Åbo Akademi University, Finland, 2005
- M.Sc., Renmin University of China, China, 1999
- B.Sc., Dongbei University of Economics and Finance, China, 1996
- Assistant professor, Åbo Akademi University, Finland, 2005-2010
- Doctoral student, Turku Centre for Computer Science (TUCS) & Institute for Advanced Management Systems Research (IAMSR) at Åbo Akademi University, Finland 2001-2005
Current Academic Service
- Electronic Markets, The International Journal on Networked Business (Associate editor, Springer)
- Telematics and Informatics (Editorial Board Member, Elsevier)
- Progam co-chairs for ECIS2023
- Board memeber AIS Region 2
I am responsible for the courses:
- Digital business within IT-7.5 credits: the aim of the course is to provide you as a student with the opportunity to develop your knowledge of digital business and to apply this knowledge into business problem-solving from the perspective of IT.
- Supplementary Course on Computer and Systems Sciences (SUPCOM)-15 credits
- SUPCOM for Master program-Health Informatics (SUPCOM-HI) -15 credits.
- Supplementary Course on Computer and Systems Sciences for Ph.D students -7.5 credits.
- I supervise and examinate theses at bachelor and master levels.
My current research interests include digital innovations (AI), digital business/government/services, strategic management of business processes, IT governance, health informatics, and user acceptance of information technology. I have published more than 60 papers in various journals and international conferences in information systems research, including AI & Society, Computers in Industry, Computers in Human Behaviour, International Journal of Information Management and Business Process Management Journal; as well in major IS conferences, ICIS, ECIS, AMCIS, PACIS and CAiSE. I also published a book on process management by Springer.
Advisor to Ph.D students
- Evrim Güner (Digital innovation-RPA robot process automation) (main advisor, starts September 2019)
- Mohamed Shafraz (Digital Government)(main advisor, starts September 2017)
- Jens Ohlsson (Business Process Management/Digitalization) (main advisor, disputated 2016)
- Parisa Aasi (IT Governance) (co-advisor, Licentiate degree 2015)
Selected Publications (2020-2021)
Han, S., Kelly, E., Nikou, S., & Svee, E. O. (2021). Aligning artificial intelligence with human values: reflections from a phenomenological perspective. AI & SOCIETY, 1-13.
Sapraz, M., & Han, S. (2021). Implicating human values for designing a Digital Government Collaborative Platform for environmental issues: a Value Sensitive Design approach. Sustainability, 13(11), 6240.
Nardello, M., Han, S., Møller, C., & Gøtze, J. (2020). Incorporating process and data heterogeneity in enterprise architecture: Extended AMA4EA in an international manufacturing company. Computers in Industry, 115, 103178.
Hu, L., Min, Q., Han, S., & Liu, Z. (2020). Understanding followers’ stickiness to digital influencers: The effect of psychological responses. International Journal of Information Management, 54, 102169.
Liu, X., Min, Q., & Han, S. (2020). “Understanding users’ continuous content contribution behaviours: an integrated perspective of uses and gratification theory and social influence theory”, Behaviour & Information Technology, doi: 10.1080/0144929X.2019.1603326
Han, S. & Nikou, S. (2021). Artificial Intelligence Value Alignment Principles: The State of Art Review from Information Systems Research, 34th Bled e-conference, Digital support from crisis to progressive change, June 28- 31, 2021.
Han, S., Nikou, S. and Svee, E. (2020). Reflections on artificial intelligence alignment with human values: a phenomenological perspective, In The 28th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), An Online AIS Conference, June 15-17, 2020. Association for Information Systems.
Güner, E. O., Han, S., & Juell-Skielse, G. (2020). Robotic Process Automation as Routine Capability: A Literature Review. In The 28th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), An Online AIS Conference, June 15-17, 2020. Association for Information Systems.
Sapraz, M., & Han, S. (2020). Improving Collaboration Between Government and Citizens for Environmental Issues: Lessons Learned from a Case in Sri Lanka. In ICT Systems and Sustainability (pp. 297-306). Springer, Singapore.
Full publication list can be found at Google Scholar.