30 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
This is a beginners' course that focuses on language proficiency and the Latvian cultural context.
The aim of the course is for you to gain a certain practical oral and written proficiency in Latvian language usage as well as basic knowledge about the Latvian language and its cultural context.
No previous knowledge of Latvian is required.
The course covers the basics in Latvian grammar, pronunciation, morphology, syntax, oral and written skills, as well as Baltic linguistics and Baltic history, culture and society.
The course consists of the following subcourses:
- Language knowledge and language proficiency A, 7.5 credits
- Language knowledge and language proficiency B, 7.5 credits
- Baltic linguistics - Latvian, 7.5 credits
- Baltic history, culture and society - Latvia, 7.5 credits
The course is taught in the form of lectures and seminars.
For questions concerning the course, please contact director of studies Lilita Zalkalns (email@example.com)