7.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
This course will help you design and implement a special type of databases structured for data analysis, namely data warehouses.
In data warehousing, special attention is laid on performance and usability issues. Data warehousing is a part of Business Intelligence (BI), which is used to support organisations strategic decision-making.
This course is part of a programme and is not available for application as a stand-alone course.
The course contains the following parts:
- Introduction to decision support systems and Business Intelligence
- History, state-of-the-art within data warehousing
- Rationale and patterns for multi-dimensional modeling
- The ETL process (Extract-Transform-Load) and data integration
- The Data Warehouse Lifecycle (DW development and maintenance process)
- OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) and a multi-dimensional query language for data cubes
- Trends within data warehousing and current research
The teaching consists of lectures, laboratory sessions and supervision.
The course is examined as follows:
- written examination
- written assignments
ScheduleThe schedule will be available no later than one month before the start of the course. We do not recommend print-outs as changes can occur. At the start of the course, your department will advise where you can find your schedule during the course.
Note that the course literature can be changed up to two months before the start of the course.
This course is part of a programme, course package or incoming exchange studies and is not available for application as a stand-alone course.Student counsellors - master