About the education
This course covers turbulent mixing and exchange processes in the atmospheric and oceanic boundary layers. Exchange of momentum, heat, energy and water is described with turbulence and similarity theories. The content is:
- the observed structure of the boundary layer
- Reynold's partitioning and averaging
- turbulence energy and turbulent fluxes
- observational techniques and methods of analysis
- the closure problem
- the turbulent kinetic energy equation
- similarity theory, e.g. the Monin-Obukhov theory
- the Ekman layer
- turbulence spectra
- dispersion in the boundary layer
No description found.
Area of interest: Science and Mathematics
Science and mathematics help us understand how the world around us is connected – from the origin and structure of the universe, to the development and function of humanity and all other organisms on earth.
Scientific knowledge makes it possible to critically examine the credibility of information in different areas of everyday life, society, and the media.
As a scientist or mathematician, you will be attractive on a large job market that covers all parts of society and includes everything from pure technology companies to environment and healthcare, as well as research.