Swedish for International Students and Researchers, Course 2
7.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
The course is aimed at international students at Stockholm University who need basic Swedish to communicate with Swedish-speakers during their stay in Sweden.
The course may not be included in a degree at Stockholm University, either as a main field of study or as additional studies.
This course is given
- twice during the autumn and twice during the spring semester in period 1 and 2.
- as a complementary course. Due to a limited number of places priority is given to new students.
Admission and registration
- The course provides knowledge about the basic structures of spoken and written Swedish. Pronunciation and listening comprehension will also be practiced.
- The course material is made up of simple texts and conversations about familiar topics such as family, the weather and occupation as well as descriptions of the basic rules for the grammar, pronunciation and spelling of the standard language.
Swedish language course 2 for international students consists of a limited number of tutorials in study groups of approxiamtely 20 to 30 students.
- Regular homework, assignments and self study is compulsory.
- Classes are scheduled one afternoon or evening per week.
- Active participation and a passing grade on the final examination is required for receiving credit points, as well as for admission to a higher level.
- Examination is a final written exam which will be held when the whole course is completed. Points will not be given, you will receive a G which is short for godkänd (pass) or a U which is short for underkänd (fail).
- The course combines teaching and exercise of practical skills in Swedish as a foreign language.
- The students will acquire a basic knowledge of Swedish grammar, vocabulary, phonemes and pronunciation as well as composition of narrative and descriptive texts.
- After completion of this course, students will be able to pronounce Swedish phonemes and frequent words and phrases, and will subsequently be able to express themselves orally and in writing in everyday situations.
Please see the Syllabus.
Search for the examiner in the pdf file by using the course code NS002 (PC: ctrl + F, Mac: cmd + F).
ScheduleThe schedule will be available no later than one month before the start of the course. We do not recommend print-outs as changes can occur. At the start of the course, your department will advise where you can find your schedule during the course.
Spring 2022 (VT22)
Fall 2022 (HT22)
Schedule NS0002 Fall 2022 Group 1
Schedule NS0002 Fall 2022 Group 2
Schedule NS0002 Fall 2022 Group 3
- All registered students will have the opportunity to make a group selection in the learning platform Athena before the course starts.
- Information about the group selection will be sent in the welcome letter, a few days before the course starts.
Schedules will be published in late September 2022.
Course literatureNote that the course literature can be changed up to two months before the start of the course.
- This course is given free of charge to international students admitted to a course, exchange program, bachelor/master or an equivalent agreement containing at least 15 ECTS at Stockholm University meeting our requirements.
- Under certain conditions a student may need to pay a fee for taking this course.
ContactCourse administration – Swedish for International Students and Employees