Oral Interaction in Swedish for Academic Purposes
15 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
The course "Muntlig interaktion på svenska i akademiska sammanhang" is aimed at international students and researchers at Stockholm University. The course gives the opportunity to develop skills in and understanding of communication in different speech and conversation situations that occur in the higher education environment.
The course may not be included in a degree at Stockholm University, either as a main field of study or as additional studies.
This course is given
- once during the autumn and once during the spring semester in period 1.
- as a complementary course. Due to a limited number of places priority is given to new students.
Admission and registration
- Examples ot that are oral presentations, responses,conversations and discussions in group work and interaction at seminars, tutoring and meetings.
- The course also deals with rhetoric, linguistic variation, formal and informal language, academic vocabulary, and interpersonal and intercultural perspectives on communication.
Swedish language course 6 for international students comprises of a limited number of tutorials in study groups of approxiamtely 20 to 30 students.
- Regular homework, assignments and self study is compulsory.
- Classes are scheduled one afternoon or evening per week.
- Active participation and a passing grade on the final examination is required for receiving credit points.
- Examination is a final exam which will be held when the whole course is completed. Points will not be given, you will receive a G which is short for godkänd (pass).
- The course is designed to develop students' skills in oral communication for academic purposes.
- The curriculum includes role-playing, dialogues, observations and practical exercises covering vocabulary and idiomatic expressions used in academic contexts.
- The practical tasks in the course will train students to interact in Swedish in academic contexts.
- During the course students will give oral presentations, observe lectures and seminars and practice, analyze and discuss intercultural communication based on course literature.
- The course will be concluded with a written assignment.
Please see the Syllabus.
Search for the examiner in the pdf file by using the course code NS006 (PC: ctrl + F, Mac: cmd + F).
ScheduleThe schedule will be available no later than one month before the start of the course. We do not recommend print-outs as changes can occur. At the start of the course, your department will advise where you can find your schedule during the course.
Fall 2022 (HT22)
Course literatureNote that the course literature can be changed up to two months before the start of the course.
- This course is given free of charge to international students admitted to a course, exchange program, bachelor/master or an equivalent agreement containing at least 15 ECTS at Stockholm University meeting our requirements.
- Under certain conditions a student may need to pay a fee for taking this course.
ContactCourse administration – Swedish for International Students and Employees