Applied Numerical Methods
7.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
The course gives you knowledge about how to formulate, use, analyse, and implement advanced computer oriented numerical methods to solve problems in numerical algebra and differential equations from different application areas.
The course covers:
- numerical treatment of ordinary and partial differential equations;
- numerical solution of large linear systems of algebraic equations;
- solution of differential equations with discretization by difference methods and finite element methods;
- solution of linear systems of equations by direct and iterative methods;
- orientation about mathematical modeling and about software for scientific computing.
This course is given jointly with KTH, and you can find more information about the schedule, course literature etc. on KTH's pages - see links below.
The course consists of two elements; theory and practical exercises.
The education consists of lectures, exercises, and practical exercises.
The course is assessed through written examination, and written and oral presentation of the practical exercises.
A list of examiners can be found on
ScheduleThe schedule will be available no later than one month before the start of the course. We do not recommend print-outs as changes can occur. At the start of the course, your department will advise where you can find your schedule during the course.
Note that the course literature can be changed up to two months before the start of the course.
Registered students get access to the KTH course web in Canvas.