Teaching Oral and Written English Proficiency
7.5 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
In this web-based course you will develop your ability to work communicatively with grammar and pronunciation in your teaching at different school levels. The course is given in English.
This course is for people who are looking to teach English as a foreign language or second language, not for those who are teaching English to native speakers.
You will get the opportunity to improve your own pronunciation and grammar, but the course focuses on how to use Communicative Language Teaching to teach pronunciation and grammar.
You will get to know some common "problem areas" in English. We will work systematically with English grammar and pronunciation and you will get to know how to teach these to different age groups.
You need a computer with an internet connection and webcam as well as a headset with microphone in order to participate in the course.
- The course is primarily intended for active teachers, but it cannot be credited as a qualifying course.
- If you are a teacher student, you are welcome to take the summer course, but you cannot credit it as part of your teacher program. your teaching program.
- The course is given at half-speed during the entire summer term, June through August.
- The course is a distance course.
- Every week you will get new assignments with deadlines.
- It is important that you follow the structure of the course systematically.
Once the course has started, the online learning platform Athena is used for tutorials, discussions, assignments and submissions.
Teaching takes place in English.
The course is examined through oral reports and written assignments.
Course literatureNote that the course literature can be changed up to two months before the start of the course.
Mara Haslam, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Affairs Office