Master's Thesis in Geography
30 credits cr.
- Gå till denna sida på svenska webben
In this course you will write a thesis in the in the Second Cycle, that is a master’s thesis.
Purpose and learning objectives
Through this course you will develop
- knowledge and skills to formulate a research question and systematically investigate this in a thesis work.
- skills to collect, interpret and analyse geographical data.
- competence to critically evaluate and reflect on others’ thesis work.
- competence to be able to identify ethical issues and norms for social research.
Content and teaching methods
In this course, students individually write a thesis corresponding to 30 credits. This means one semester full time studies. This is accomplished through individual work, individual supervision and seminars. Depending on the question developed for the thesis, this course may involve different types of field studies; in the close vicinity, on other places or internationally. The master’s thesis may be included in a master’s degree.